You do not want to miss this! I spoke with Shailla Vaidya (aka, the Yoga MD) about our own concussion experiences as both healthcare providers and PCS warriors.
Shailla is a Medical Doctor in Ontario, Canada. She is also a lifelong yogi and teaches with yoga therapy. She combines the science of Western Medicine with the Eastern Mind-Body practice of Yoga, She helps you understand your physiology, your natural responses, and how you can recover from the effects of stress & concussion.
In this interview we talk about soooooo many cool things:
- What’s going on with the nervous system post trauma and what that looks like in recovery
- The importance of preserving culture to support health
- The true root of mindfulness
- What is ayurveda and how that applies to food & health
- Yoga and science
- How the healthcare system needs to change to truly support us post TBI!
Find out more about Shailla and her unique work in healthcare here:
Instagram: @theyoga.md https://www.instagram.com/theyoga.md/
Facebook: @theYogaMD https://www.facebook.com/theYogaMD/
Questions or comments? Get in touch!
I would love to hear from you 🙂 Find all my contact details HERE.
Warrior on my friends!